The Roimata Community Incorporated Society (Roimata Community) is a geographically based organisation located in the area bounded by Ensors Rd, Brougham St, Ferry Rd and Richardson Tce. Our main aim is to foster positive social connections and trust within our community. More recently we have been working to provide local street-based information relevant to the community’s response to the Canterbury earthquakes.
The underlying aims of the Roimata Community Incorporated Society are to:
- foster positive social connection and trust between individuals and households in Roimata
- identify community needs and interests and build the capacity, networks and skills to respond to or further those needs and interests
- initiate and support activities which create a vibrant positive community to enhance the lives of the residents of Roimata
- build a sense of pride in Roimata and create a strong outward looking identity which can be a model for other local communities
- become a sustainable urban community which is resilient and healthy through economic, social and environmental change.
Our decision making processes and how we work together are guided by a number of key values. These are:
- Show kindness
- Be honest
- (Be) Open
- (Demonstrate) Reciprocity
- Be Positive
- Act Responsibly
To get in touch with any of Nicky, Eli, Jim, Kirsty, Stephanie, Susan or Will from Roimata Community Inc. just email us at: email@example.com.